For many people, making a Will isn’t a top priority – they might think they are too young, or that it’s too expensive, or that they simply don’t have enough money or property to make drawing up a Will worthwhile. In fact, studies have shown that over two-thirds of people in the UK haven’t made a Will.
But, whiles you might not see the point in making a Will, the fact is that if you die without making one, you can make the situation a lot tougher for the loved ones you leave behind. Writing a Will not only leave very precise instructions about who will benefit from your Estate and what kind of funeral you would like, but it can also be used for tax planning purposes and to protect your assets.
Many people aren’t aware that, without a will:
- A surviving spouse won’t necessarily inherit the estate
- An unmarried partner won’t have automatic entitlement to the estate
- The family home may have to be sold
- Children may be unintentionally disinherited
We have a wealth of experience when it comes to Will writing, so we can ensure that all of your wishes will be documented, legally binding, and implemented in the event of your death.
In addition to drawing up your initial Will, we can also help you to ensure that it remains up to date and reflective of your wishes. And, once it’s completed and signed off, you can choose to store the original in our fireproof safe, completely free of charge.
Although many people choose to write their will themselves, using our Will services will mean you can rest assured that your Will is accurate, legally binding, and effective. We’ll take care of all the complicated bits for you, such as the law surrounding inheritance tax and, calling upon our extensive knowledge and experience, we’ll help you to make the most effective choices.
There are certain situations when calling upon the advice of a solicitor is particularly important, including;
- If you qualify for inheritance tax, which is paid on estates valued over £325,000 for an individual or up to £650,000 for a married couple
- If your family situation isn’t straightforward, for example if you have children from a previous partner or want to make special arrangements for your children
- If you have asset overseas
- If you run a business, which will form part of your estate
If you would like to find out more about our Will services, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 468 10 11 or 020 8961 0045.
Reach Out to us
It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout.