At Danbar Solicitors, we are committed to providing honest, high-quality service. Therefore, our fees policy is fair, transparent, and simple to understand.
Our hourly rate is £70 per hour (excluding VAT)
· The work involved in the initial consultation includes:
Discussing your circumstances and deciding the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria; and
If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how.
Immigration cases can be categorized as straight forward or complex.
The exact time spent and fees charged will depend on the circumstances in your case, for example:
· How straight-forward your case is in terms of the law;
· The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider;
· Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of the GBP 1,000.00 to GBP 1,200-price range.
· However, if your application is outside the immigration rules then the price is subjected to change and further cost will be incurred
N.B Disbursements are not included in the costs set out above.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
· Please note, interpreters are not required in many cases we handle. Normally, interpreters’ fees are charged at GBP 100 – 150 per hour (this may or may not exclude VAT).
· Please note, barristers (specialists in attending and arguing at Court) If a barrister is needed it should be noted that the preferred barristers’ fees are generally charged based on location and the experience of the barrister.
· Independent expert reports, e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
Who will be dealing with my case?
Your case will be handled by one of our trusted advisers. We have a number of qualified lawyers. Full details of the experience and qualifications of our team are available on our website including the types of work normally undertaken.
Mrs. Jennifer Owusu- Barnieh- Our Senior Solicitor
A practising solicitor since 2010 and has gained extensive experience in all aspects of Asylum, Immigration and Nationality Laws including applications for Judicial Review and appeals to the Court of Appeal.
Jennifer Owusu-Barnieh is well known for overturning the case of Kareem with the case of Awuku (Proxy Marriage).
Mrs Jennifer Owusu-Barnieh is the head of our Immigration Department at Danbar Solicitors.
Our specialist team are dedicated to providing clear and transparent pricing for probate services.
Our Hourly Rate
Our hourly is £250 depending on the complexity of your case, the experience of the lawyer and your location. Based on your individual circumstances we’ll advise you on the best option for you.
Each case is unique and we’ll advise in your initial consultation and throughout what level of support is required.
We anticipate a simple probate with a will
· No property
· 2 beneficiaries
· No inheritance tax
· No claim made against the estate
· Maximum 2 bank account.
On average, this type of work takes 10 hours to complete. This means our fees will cost at the lowest price range of £2500.
· Probate fee £155.00 and £10.00 for swearing of oath per executor
· Bankruptcy search beneficiary £3.00
How long will my case take?
· Each case is individual and can differ in the time it takes to settle. Generally, we’d expect estate administrations to take between six months to a year and Grant of representations approximately three months.
Mrs. Jennifer Owusu- Barnieh- Senior Solicitor
Ø A practising solicitor since 2010 and has gained extensive experience in many areas of law such as; Family, Employment, Wills & Probate, Conveyancing & Mental Health
Mr. Richard Boateng- Solicitor
Ø A practising solicitor since 2001 and has over 18 years experience in Criminal, Family, Wills & Probate, Conveyancing & Civil Litigation